Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 42: Faith

To me faith means having complete trust and confidence in the Lord at all times, no matter the circumstance. This week has definitely challenged my faith in many ways. Whether I doubted God's ability to handle the stress in my life or simply questioned what faith really means to me. Most people fear having faith because it means giving up control and surrendering their lives to God. Faith and grace go hand in hand and our society is in desperate need of both. Grace is receiving a free gift that we DON'T deserve! Mrs. L has the best quote and it says, "You catch grace as a man fills his cup beneath a waterfall". Picture yourself standing before God with a cup in your hand, asking for undeserved grace... and instantly he sends down a waterfall. Absolutely captivating! Without faith a man can do nothing; with it all things are possible.