Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 48: Unfailing Love

As I was driving into school this morning, the sun was finally shining off in the distance and the song "Unfailing Love" came on my iPod. It was the perfect start to a new day. I sat in my car, while parked in the student parking lot, until it was time to go into the school. It was the first time in a while I simply embraced the day the Lord has made. I took a deep breath and really listened to the lyrics of the song...
You have my heart
And I am Yours forever
You are my strength
God of grace and power

And everything You hold in Your hand
Still You make time for me
I can't understand
Praise You God of Earth and Sky
How beautiful is Your unfailing love
Unfailing love
I sat there, staring into the sun in awe of the Lord's creation. He created this entire universe and has a million things on his ‘to-do’ list- but continues to make time for me. Why is it so easy to get caught up in life and forget to make time for Him?