Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 57: The Dysfunctional Day

Today has been crazy. It all started when Lauren tried to bring me lunch at school. She ran through the pouring rain, just to find out that only parents were allowed to enter the cafeteria. Tonight Jason, Katie, Lauren, Mom, Shannon and I were headed out to eat dinner downtown. My Mom had a particular restaurant in mind; however it was a struggle to find it. We took two cars and needless to say, my mom's car got very lost. We were all over the city. We tried to head towards the Toyota center and ended up in a never ending HOV lane going south on 45 . The car ride was full of constant bickering and frustrating arguments. Once we finally got to the restaurant, my mom joined the Margarita train. Then she found out that Happy Hour was only offered in the upstairs part of the restaurant. Shannon was singing 'Tick Tock' word for word at the table and on the way home my Mom was driving in the Metro Train lane and got stopped at a red light. Shannon was bawling in the back seat saying “I don’t want to die!” What a dysfunctional day.