Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 18: Candle Lighting


Today I went to Keith Morgan's candle lighting service. I never knew him personally, but I did see his smiling face every week at FCA. He will be greatly missed at Austin High School and we will never forget him. His mom spoke tonight and she showed such remarkable strength when she said, "If God had told me I could only have him for fifteen years... I'd say, I'll take him." Her confidence was so encouraging. We know he is in heaven smiling down on all of us. His death was so unexpected and it caught everyone off guard. It is tough when someone dies so young... but I know God doesn't make mistakes. We aren't promised tomorrow, so we must cherish each and every moment we are given. Our life is like a lit candle; it is precious and delicate and can be extinguished at any given moment.