Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 77: In-N-Out

Today was Day 2 in San Francisco! We started out by taking pictures with the Golden Gate Bridge and then actually crossed the bridge! Once in Marin County, we headed to Muir Woods. It is a national park that has a ton of HUGE red woods and dry organic muffins! The sight was beautiful, but my flip flops and capris were not the proper attire for the cold journey! Afterwards we visited the University of California Berkeley. It was Cal’s 142nd birthday… so they had free cupcakes, live music, moonwalks, and people everywhere! My Cousin Peter went to Cal and he honestly didn’t really care if I liked Berkeley, just as long as I hated Stanford! It turned out to be a really cool and lively campus, which totally beat the heck out of Stanford! For lunch my Dad & I snatched some cool hats and good burgers at IN-N-OUT, which is our all time favorite fast food restaurant in California! Afterwards we wandered on a trail along the San Francisco Bay and got the chance to hang out with some relatives that live in the area! I finally got to meet baby Emma and found out that we will have a new edition to the family soon! As I sit in the car typing this blog (which is a first), we are in ridiculous traffic at 10 pm! I can’t wait to arrive at the final hotel of this adventure!