Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 85: Cupcake Walk

Tonight I volunteered at a local elementary school's spring fundraiser. It was a carnival and I was a face painter. They didn't have real face paint... it was more of a face crayon. That was frustrating! However, seeing each one of those kids absolutely love the hideous design I just painted on their face made it enjoyable. :) Throughout my entire shift I kept seeing people walk around with these delicious looking cupcakes that they won from the 'Cupcake Walk' and I definitely wanted some! Once my job was completed, I grabbed a ticket and headed to the Cupcake Walk. Here I am, this teenager without any younger siblings with me, joining the elementary kids for one round in the cake walk. The music stopped and I didn't land on a number... so I ran over to number 11. The first number they drew was 11...Go figure! I got my delicious cupcakes and a few volunteer hours for NHS. Sounds like a productive night to me!