Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 107: Scavenger Hunt

Today was an action packed Saturday! I woke up at Katy's house and decided to get breakfast before I had to volunteer for NHS. On my way I got caught in a ton of traffic. I knew there had been an accident and I had a bad feeling about it. I said a quick prayer for the people involved and their families. When I got to the intersection and saw the destroyed cars, I lost it. Since I was in a car accident last year (in the same intersection), the scene was surreal. I was very emotional and knew that someone had lost their life this morning. I later found out that the mother was hit by a drunk driver and killed instantly. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the families involved.
This afternoon/night my volleyball team owned in our game and we had a PALs scavenger hunt! This is a picture of the RED team! It was a lot of fun and we had to do some outrageous tasks. A few of the tasks included... my friend Ashkahn stood in front of Hollister without his shirt on, we moo-ed like cows throughout chic-fil-a, we had rap battles with random strangers, I tangoed with a Wal-Mart employee, we sang Happy Birthday to a random family at Willies and we performed Kiss the Girl in the Wal-Mart isles. Tonight I also celebrated two of my friends’ birthdays! Happy Birthday Anam and Tori! :)