Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 95: Authentic

What does it mean to be authentic? It seems like everywhere I turn Christians are putting on a show to try to impress someone other than Christ. I am not perfect by any measure. But I have an authentic relationship with Christ and he doesn’t expect me to be perfect. I don't read my bible every single day or always reach out to the lonely kids at school. But I try my best to love others just like Christ loves me. No matter what we do, we will never be perfect according to the world's standards. But since we have Christ living inside of us, we are perfect in his image. My question is… what does it mean to be authentic?
1. Admit what you don't know.
2. Ask for help.
3. If you can't help someone, find a good person who can.
4. Don't be afraid to laugh.
5. Mean what you say and say what you mean.
6. Don’t worry about being perfect. Admitting flaws, fears and mistakes makes you human and likeable.
7. Apologize right away if you screw up.
8. Take responsibility for your business. If someone is unhappy or unsatisfied, don’t be afraid to ask why.