Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 163: ACT in the Hood

Today I took the ACT. I signed up for it months ago and it was only yesterday that I discovered there are two Stephen F. Austin High Schools in the area. I signed up for the Houston area one across from the 3rd ward... literally located in the hood. I wouldn't have gone, but my friend Melinda also signed up for the wrong one. So we were two white girls strollin' along the ghetto streets of Houston looking for the ACT testing center. We literally took the test in the hood with no air conditioning. It was fantastic. When I got home my family was having a patriotic party for the FIFA World Cup Game: USA vs. England. There were streamers everywhere, they were waving American flags and my Dad made cookies that wrote out "Go USA"! They are just a bunch of party animals! And tonight I babysat my sweet little Singleton babies! They are the greatest! :)