Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 165: "Sometimes the food is just so good that we forget to talk."

Summertime is so sweet! It may be extremely humid in Texas during these 3 months- but I love everything about this time of year. This is a picture of a piece of artwork that Shannon painted in her summer spirit! Anyways, today I went to lunch with my mom and sisters at TGI Fridays. Our family is notorious for eating our meals extremely fast, so we had a discussion about this topic over lunch. We concluded that we will have a conversation up until the food gets to the table... but once it's there- the conversation comes to a halt and we get down to business! On a commercial that we saw today they said, "Sometimes the food is just so good that we forget to talk." That statement is SO TRUE! Lauren and I also went on a 4 mile rollerblade ride in the 100 degree weather. When we were maybe 2 minutes into the ride I completely ate it on the sidewalk. It was so embarrassing! My knee is completely scraped up and I rode the entire way with blood running down my leg... but at least I scored a cool battle wound! And that's all that really matters! :)