Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 173: Your Defining Moment

Last night Tori, Amber and I all slept on the pull out couch... it was interesting! When I woke up, I ate a yummy omelet for breakfast! My friends and I decided to play a game called 'Word Strip' throughout the remainder of the trip. I tend to shorten my some of my words and we needed to find a way to break this habit... so every time anyone shortened a word- they had to remove an article of clothing! Thank God silly banz counted! :) This morning everyone participated in Beach Olympics! We broke into 3 teams and I was on Kevin Edelbrock's team. He is super competitive, so each and every event was VERY intense! Amber & I were partners for the 3 legged races and she literally peed in her pants! We also had an egg race, a hula hoop weave, a leap frog competitive and an animal float relay. We hung out by the beach and had lunch by the pool! In the afternoon we went shopping at the outlet malls in Destin. I wasn't in the mood to spend money or wait on people to try outfits on... so it wasn't the highlight of my day- but other people enjoyed themselves (and that's all that matters)! Tonight we ate dinner at a restaurant called Cheeseburger In Paradise and I got to hang out with Avery Edelbrock (Kevin's 5 year old daughter). I just love being around kids any chance I can get! :) Tonight we had worship on the beach and it really started to stir up my heart. Kevin talked about a defining moment in your life- a point in time which everything changed. It is the thing that sets the course for all other things in your life. My defining moment was my car accident last September. I knew my life would never be the same from that day forward. I know Christ has a purpose for sparing my life that morning and I feel like each day that passes I am one step closer to reaching my destination and fulfilling my purpose here on earth.