Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 170: Toy Story

Today Shannon returned home from a weeklong camp with her friends! We went to the church to greet her when the buses arrived. Below is a picture of my Dad holding up a sign that I made for Shannon last year. Our family is big on the welcome home signs! :) Shannon told us a few camp stories and showed us some of the camp cheers... but other than that- she was exhausted and just wanted to return to her spot in front of the television! This afternoon we had our first summer PALs hangout. We all met in Pecan Park for a Paint War- which is basically a water balloon fight, with paint inside the balloons. It was extremely hot outside, but I enjoyed licking some popsicles and getting to know everyone! Tonight I went with my family to see Toy Story 3. I've been waiting forever to see this movie and today was the day! There was awesome animation, precious new characters, a handful of suspense, and a few tears! Pixar never lets me down! It was the cutest animated movie that I've seen in a while... there just aren't enough classic family movies out there like Toy Story!