Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 213: Cancun 2010

Today the 2:30 AM alarm came way too early, but I got up and finished packing for our trip to Cancun! We left at 4 AM to pick up Melinda and head to the airport! We were jammin' in the car- even that early in the morning! The flight was smooth sailing and we arrived to Cancun in hardly anytime at all! The hour drive to the Rivera Maya was long- Family Feud on my iPhone helped a lot! We are staying at the Barceló Palace (the same place we stayed last year) and it is a very nice resort! Upon arriving, our room wasn't quite ready... so we grabbed a snack and went for our first dip in the ocean! We played sand volleyball- which is always an Engle favorite and enjoyed our cold drinks out by the pool! Since we woke up SO early, we all crashed once we got to our room! Earlier in the day my mom made reservations for our favorite Japanese restaurant- except there were many complications and we wandered around the whole resort. The place we ended up eating was not the best food choice, but I am NOT complaining.... because I do not want to be on the Complain Train! This week is my Mom's birthday week- so our motto is "Do Whatever You Want!” At dinner, I said... "Cancun 2010- Do whatever you want" and Shannon looks to the waiter and responds, "DO THEY EVEN KNOW THAT?" It was hilarious!