Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 223: Quack! Quack!

This morning I woke up to a phone call from a desperate father looking for a babysitter. His wife is 7 months pregnant and was really sick this morning. They have a one year old boy and a three year old girl and the dad needed to go to work, so I jumped out of bed and got to their house as quickly as I could. First, I took the kids to the park. They liked the slides and the swings, but they LOVED chasing the ducks more than anything. They would sprint up to them screaming "Quack! Quack!" and scare them all away. They got a solid hour of entertainment out of that! I guess that's kids for ya! We headed to the library and then to Chick-fil-a. These kids are very adventurous and definitively gave me a run for my money in the restaurant. I probably looked like a fool chasing them around in Chick-fil-a similar to how they looked with the ducks! This afternoon I volunteered at the high school, watched Bachelor Pad (which is amazing) and then I worked at 9ners later tonight. Taylor came to visit me and apply for a job... and then Taylor and Brittany came over to hang out after I got off work. I haven’t seen Brittany in over 15 days and I have missed her so much! It was great to finally be reunited with her, since we had TONS of catching up to do- even though we both have blogs! :)