Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 237: Inspire

Today we had our first FCA officer meeting of the school year. I am very excited for a brand new start and I know that FCA is going to impact countless lives! During 3rd period the PALs presented the student handbook to the freshmen. We explained to them all of the rules and performed a few skits. I was in charge of dress code and we had a PALs Do & Don't Fashion Show. Katie Payne was dressed like a straight thug and Ashkahn borrowed my short shorts and a hot pink tank top. The freshmen were dying laughing! Everything went smoothly and I finally met the new principal, Mrs. Edge! This afternoon was my first experience student teaching with Michelle Sebesta! She was my 3rd grade teacher and she is the reason that I am passionate about teaching. When I was 8 years old I promised her that if I ever had the opportunity to come back and teach with her... I would! I followed through with my promise and here I stand today! I will be at the elementary school three afternoons per week. It is all volunteer based and I couldn't think of a more rewarding way to spend my week! Some of her students are not very good listeners, at all. She would repeat herself at least 50 times and no one would follow her directions. She walked over to me and whispered, "And this is the reason teachers are the first ones at Happy Hour!" She will always be the person that inspired me to be a teacher. I believe this is going to be one of those opportunities that I will cherish for the rest of my life.