Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 241: Things I Need



Q: What do you want out of your life?
A: I want to make a difference in someone else's life.


This morning I went to big church with Taylor. Patrick Kelley's sermon blew me away. He talked about the difference between success and significance. If you are seeking success in life, then you are looking for ways to better yourself. If you are seeking significance in life, then you are looking for ways to help the people around you. "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." -Colossians 3:23
He urged us to give our life away through service and reach out to other people. God is going to give us plenty of people in life to help, but we must greet them willingly and with open arms. His talk was inspiring and incredibly eye opening. I am so thankful Taylor came with me this morning! In the afternoon, I got a ton of things done at the house and then I went over to Katy's house to swim with Taylor and Collin! Today was the first time I swam since I was in Cancun... WOW! We had a ton of fun and I loved spending my Sunday afternoon with these crazy kids!! My family finally came home from Austin tonight... this house has been way too lonely!