Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 229: Never Ending

Today has just been one of those days! My alarm went off at 6 AM to get ready to go to breakfast and the DPS with Shannon Colborne! My Mom came in and informed me that I had a flat tire. That is always the greatest news! My Dad ended up putting the spare tire on while I was out this morning… thankfully! Shannon and I ate bagels at Panera Bread and then got to the DPS at 7:30 AM. The DPS was so crowded and swarms of people were standing in line. Keep in mind it opens at 8! We both had to get our licenses renewed, so we decided to wait it out! We stood in line for nearly 3 HOURS! It was insane and extremely frustrating- it didn't help that the workers there are NEVER friendly. Two positives from the morning: I did enjoy catching up with Shannon before she heads off to Texas A&M this fall and I don't have to get my license renewed until 2016. That seems so far away! It's so crazy, because that year little Shannon will be getting her license for the first time! The scariest part is... it will be here before we know it!! After the never ending trip to the DPS, I headed over to the Singleton's to babysit! I just love my little munchkins and all of the fun games we play together. I have been officially babysitting them for 3 years now! It seems like just yesterday they were in moving boxes and brand new to the Texas heat! :) After babysitting, I had to pick up my parking permit at the school and then get my flat tire fixed at Wal-Mart. The afternoon drug on and on, and I was so busy! When it finally ended... I had work at 9ners from 6-10pm. Katy and Amber visited me early on in my shift and Brittany and Mark visited me when I was closing! I am SO thankful to have such awesome friends! Honestly, they can make even the LONGEST days seem somewhat enjoyable!!!