Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 221: You're Gonna Miss This


Today was our last day in Mexico! I woke up at 6:45 AM from a really bad dream. I dreamt I got a text from someone in Sugar Land that said one of my friends passed away in a car accident, while I was on vacation. I got on the 1st flight out of Cancun and was speaking at the funeral. I woke up bawling and I knew I wasn’t going to sleep after that nightmare! I decided to go and work out on the beach- to get my mind off of it! That was very relaxing and I really enjoyed my last morning at Barceló! After my workout, I was sitting on the beach and thought… ‘The next song that comes on will sum up CANCUN 2010’- and then the song You’re Gonna Miss This came on. Holy cow! I swear… my iPod is psychic! We all went shopping at the Plaza Mexican Mercado and bought souvenirs for people back home! In Mexico I feel like everyone is trying to rip me off since I am an American- and this morning’s shopping experience was no exception! We spent some time out in the sun and grabbed some lunch, before our ride to the airport! Once we got to the airport in Cancun, Melinda and I were determined to find Wi-Fi. We have been phone-less and internet-less for way too long! We went into T.G.I Fridays and ordered a double chocolate brownie with ice cream- just so they would give us the Wi-Fi password! We got full signal and then discovered it could not connect to their internet server! We were completely bummed. The waitor told us that we might get better signal if we move to a different location in the restaurant- so we moved and still had no luck! They ended up giving us our dessert for free and a few other things… almost a $40 bill all for free! We had so much fun talking to them and killing time before we boarded the plane! It was a great end to a great vacation! I am so thankful I got to spend the week in paradise with my family and Melinda- but I wish Lauren could have come! We missed her so much… it just wasn’t the same without the whole Engle Clan! All in all… I am glad to be home, because 9 days is a long time!