Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 240: If I Die Young

I've always thought I would be one of those people that would die young. I figured I would make a difference while I was young. It's an odd feeling and it may scare some people, but it doesn't scare me. If anything it pumps me up! I don't want to waste a single moment that I am given. No one knows the exact moment of their death and no one is promised another day. I pray that I will be reading this blog entry 20 years from now and realize that I am not one of those people that died young. But if I am, don’t worry…because I know I will be in heaven! Today a million thoughts have crossed my mind, because I heard the song If I Die Young by The Band Perry. I've probably listened to it at least 30 times today.
"If I die young bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song.
--
So put on your best boys and I’ll wear my pearls."

On another note, my family continues to go out of town and leave me home alone. This weekend they are at Lake Travis with the Colbornes... so today the house was exceptionally quiet. I worked on some college applications, went grocery shopping and a few other things on my mom's 'Honey-Do List'. Tonight I babysat for the sweet Singleton family! It was a birthday present for Maggie and Alan and the kids and I had a blast! This is a picture from our pajama party! :) Afterwards, I went over to Katy's house with some friends. It was fun goofing off and just being with everyone again! Oh how I love weekends!