Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 228: Serve

Today my eyes were opened to the idea of service and what it means to truly serve others. I wasn't volunteering for any organization, I wasn't trying to impress any one, I wasn't required to be anywhere, I wasn't getting service hours for anything... I was just serving, because I felt compelled to. I am not going to share what I did, because I don't want any sort of recognition for it. Christ served others with a loving and pure heart, not seeking acknowledgment for his work. The second I expect recognition or reward for my service, I am no longer a servant of the Lord. This morning I realized that God works in mysterious ways and he calls us to do random things at random times. It was a great reminder for me as I prepare for the upcoming school year and all of the service opportunities that await me! Society will never fully understand the lives they can impact through their acts of service. Serve enthusiastically, always.