Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 234: Our Deepest Fear.

This morning I went to serve in the Kindergarten ministry at my church and I went to the high school service. I haven't been in such a long time! They played a clip from the movie Coach Carter about our deepest fear and I thought their quote suited my senior year perfectly. Here we go...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

This year is going to be one of the most memorable years of my life. This summer has been amazing, but I am ready for senior year to begin! I will have fears and worries, doubts and disappoints, joys and triumphs, laughs and tears and an incredible family and group of friends that will stick by my side throughout it all. Seniors class of 2011... Let’s rock this!