Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 307: Spirit

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity- but of power, love and self discipline."
This is a painting that Lauren painted for my 17th birthday. It is hanging on my bathroom wall and these words are constantly reflecting in my mirror. Today was one of the first days all school year that I didn't student teach, work at 9ers, have a PALs hangout or some sort of meeting for school... or have any commitments! These days are so sweet and so rare. The weather was brisk and drizzly outside today- it was perfect for cuddling up with a big blanket and sleeping all afternoon. And I did just that. After I woke up, I ate Ruthies with Shannon and my mom, followed by a relaxing bubble bath. Dear God, thank you for this much needed day of rest and for always giving me a spirit of power, love and self discipline. Love, Kait