Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 313: Doorway


"Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
Point out anything in me that offends you,
and lead me along the path of everlasting life."
- Psalm 139: 23-24
It is very intimidating to ask God to search you and know your heart. He knows all of our thoughts, so do they really matter? What a person thinks is essentially who the person really is. There are so many things, in addition to our thoughts, that offend God or make him sad.
- Blaming Him.
- Not trusting Him.
-Not honoring Him with your relationships.
- Lying to Him.
- Trying to be like other people, instead of more like Him.
Jesus Christ died on the cross to wake you up from death and bring you to life, so that you could make the Father famous. Every time you walk through a doorway, ask yourself... "How can I make God bigger and myself smaller?" This will completely change your attitude and make your days brighter!