Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 323 & 324: The Wampus Cats

This weekend was the Annual Softball Tournament Fundraiser & Taylor Joseph Cobb's 18th birthday! On Friday, I made a scrapbook all day/night. It was Taylor’s birthday gift and it was the story of our friendship through pictures. It started with the first time we ever hung out at the beach leading up to last weekend at the Renaissance Festival! It has quite a few blank pages towards the end, because I know there will be more pictures to fill it with in the future! I made the entire book in one day, which was tedious and stressful- but I put a lot of heart into it! I know he is a boy and boys don't appreciate scrapbooks like girls do, but I hope it is something he cherishes for the rest of his life! Today, I was the coach of the Wampus Cats (which was Taylor's softball team). I was not much of a coach... I was more of the photographer/cheerleader! We had three games in pool play at 9, 11 and 12. We won two out of the three and we lost to Cody Brown's team. We didn't advance to the playoffs, however, Taylor & I joined the Rockafellas. This team consisted of a lot more of my friends, such as Taylor Woods, Kaitlyn Brooks, Tyler Morvant, Matt Gutierrez, etc. Being a part of their team was the highlight of the tournament! They were so encouraging to their teammates and they made me laugh a lot. Some of the Wampus Cats were a little too competitive and cocky for me! The tournament was a huge success- they had almost thirty teams participate!! I wish we could have advanced further, but I had a great time ‘coaching’ all my teams today! Tonight, Katy, Taylor and I went to dinner at BJ's to celebrate his 18th birthday! We enjoyed our Buffalo Chicken Pizza and our mini pizookies! Afterwards, Taylor and I watched the fightin’ Texas Aggies BTHO Nebraska with my parents! It was an incredible victory!! Taylor Joseph Cobb, I hope you had an amazing 18th birthday!!!