Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 320: Cali Baby!

I finally submitted my application to all of my west coast schools- UC Berkeley, UC San Diego, & UCLA! They are all my dream schools, but it was worth a shot! I remember visiting them this past spring break with my Dad. That was probably the best week of my life! Even though I have grown up in Texas, I was born in California and I think there is still a little bit of California dreamin' in me! After I hit the final submit button, I took Shannon to Chick-fil-a for dinner (since our kitchen is currently non-existent). Apparently it was Scooby-Doo Night or something, because all of the characters were there along with every child in Sugar Land! I was wearing my UCLA sweatshirt (of course) and this obnoxious 9 year old boy was screaming, "UCLA IS BAD!" Then he came up to me and asked me if I went to school there. I replied, "No, but I just sent in my application."  He gave me a puzzled look and said, "Oh... well it looks like you would go there." I am not exactly sure if that was a compliment or an insult coming from him. I don't quite have the sun-kissed skin, but I think I could be a California girl!