Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 316: NUTCRACKER!

Today was a mother-daughter day! I usually get out of school shortly before one and today my mom took a half day off work, so we could go to the Nutcracker Market together! Once we got there and parked, it felt like we were literally in China. We had to walk almost two miles to get to the entrance! The Reliant Center was filled with thousands of high class stay-at-home moms- in their fancy designer jeans with glass of wine in hand.This place was PACKED with women! They had plenty of cute little clothing boutiques, samples of yummy treats on every corner and endless aisles of Christmas decorations! My mom and I were in shopping heaven. We bought lots of little things that we didn't need and I loved every second of it! Everywhere we looked people had these enormous Christmas yard poles, personalized with their family’s name. They were completely obnoxious. We couldn't stop laughing at the fact that EVERYONE had one!! I enjoyed sampling all of the toffee, pies, fudge, tortilla soup, salsas and other specialty food items they offered. We stopped counting calories after we walked through the door. It seemed like we formed a pattern... we would go from a clothing boutique to another food booth (repeat). I had so much fun spending the day with my best friend/role model/sister/amazing mother! Boys will never understand the fascination with the Nutcracker Market, but that's because it's a girl thing.