Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 317: Renaissance Festival!

Today I went to the Renaissance Festival with Katy, Bailey, Taylor and Anthony! We went to get extra credit for our English class and to have a good time. I had never been before, so it was definitely a new experience for me! I felt like I was put inside a time machine and transported to the actual Renaissance Era. This place was incredible! The theme was Scotland for this weekend, so tons of men wore kilts, overweight women wore corsets and everyone else wore freaky costumes. If thou love to people watch... this is the place to come. However, the Renaissance Festival is SO expensive. The tickets were $20 to get in and then once you were in EVERYTHING else cost money! When we were walking around, an old man offered to tell us our futures for free. His predictions were obviously not true, but they certainly got me thinking and freaked me out! We devoured some turkey legs, chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick, ice cream in a cone and fruit salad. The highlight of my day was watching the shows! We watched the Clan Tynker show in the Globe Theatre and part of the Jousting show in the Coliseum. The Clan Tynker show had various magic/juggling fire acts and it was SO entertaining! We went to the Drench-A-Wench booth and those women were so rude and nasty. I know that's their job as the wenches... but it was ridiculous! The weather was perfect and today has been one of the most memorable days to date! I enjoyed hanging out with my friends at a place that was WAY out of our element. Hooray for the Renaissance Festival!