Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 319: EMPTY!

Our entire downstairs is completely empty. Almost everything is in the POD that you can see through the window. We moved into this house in 1993 and this is the first time I have ever seen the downstairs cleared out! It is so empty that you can hear echoes when we speak... LOUD ECHOS! My Dad &I were running up and down the main hallway making crow sounds. That sounds uncomfortably strange, but it was freaking hilarious! Some of you may be wondering, "Why on earth are they getting new hardwood flooring?" Well, we had some plumbing issues and gallons of water were discharged into the laundry room and kitchen every time I flushed my toilet upstairs. There was mold everywhere, so the insurance company is helping us install new hardwood flooring! We are also getting hardwood put in my parents’ bedroom and the study, but we have to pay full price for those rooms. My dad & I decided since our house feels so big and empty... it's either time to party or time to move out!!  
P.S. Today is ERIN CASSANI'S 18th Birthday! She is one of the sweetest and most devoted followers of the blog… sometimes I think she knows it better than me! I hope she had a fantastic day and I hope this blog shout out made her day! :)