Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 308: Last Game!


Tonight, I had to work at 9ers from 5:30-8:30pm. We had two huge soccer parties and that place was packed with kids running around everywhere. Since they had two cashiers working tonight, I got to leave around 7:30 to go to the very last football game!! It was all the way down at Hall Stadium, which is a haul down HWY 6! As I was walked into the stadium, they announced the Austin Angels & Band- PERFECT TIMING! :) I saw the entire halftime show and the second half of the last football game of my senior year. It was extremely cold outside- everyone was in their hoodies and lettermen jackets! We decided us Texas gals prefer the tank tops and shorts kind of games. Sadly, we lost to Marshall... but our boys had a great season and we were so proud of them. When the final timer ran out, I saw quite a few tears from players, parents and fans. I have had so much fun cheering for these boys alongside my friends each and every week. I am so thankful that I made it to the last game, because these are the memories that will last a lifetime. All of my girlfriends and I walked out to the parking lot together and had one final group hug. I took a deep breath and realized it won't be like this for long.