Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 337: Aggie

I will officially be a part of the fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2015! I made this decision last Sunday, but if we're being honest... I've always known I would end up in College Station. When I was a freshman in high school, I saw a sign in Coach Plemon's room that said, "The best teachers in the world come from A&M." At the time I remember thinking to myself... Well if I want to be the best, I'd better go there! Today I went to visit Texas A&M and Jason before he graduates! On the drive there, I went a little bit too far down I-10 and needless to say... I was lost. But thanks to the map quest on my iPhone, I made it there by driving through plenty of small rundown towns and bumpy back roads. Once I finally arrived, Jason, Scott and I went to lunch at Which Wich on campus. Afterwards, we headed to Rudder for my two official tours. Scott & Jason decided that they would be better tour guides... so we ditched the tour group. They are hilarious and very entertaining, but I desperately needed a girl's perspective! Michelle, Scott's girlfriend, came along and gave me the real tour. She used to be a tour guide on campus, so she knew all of the traditional stories and neat places to show me. Michelle is such a sweet girl and I am so thankful she came along for our afternoon tour of campus! Then, we went to the Rec Center. Jason and his friends play basketball every Friday afternoon, so I just worked out and wandered while I waited. It was super crowded, but it was fun nonetheless! Jason and I went to the A&M gift shop and I bought an official car decal. It is glitzy, girly and perfect for my car. I love it! Tonight, we headed to downtown Bryan for First Friday. First Friday is a promotional event to get the A&M students to come into downtown Bryan for dinner and live music each month. We ate at Casa Rodriguez, which is their favorite Mexican restaurant. You know how when you sit down at a restaurant for dinner and the table to your left leaves half their plates and you "joke" about eating it because you’re so hungry? Ya, about that... These boys were crazy! I got a really good feel for living arrangements and life at A&M for next fall! I am so thankful Jason, Scott and Michelle sacrificed their Friday for the newest fightin' Texas Aggie! :)