Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 344: The Ride

Tonight I volunteered with Taylor, Ariel and Katelyn for the ProGrad Hayrides in Pecan Grove. In addition to the hayrides, they had face painting, hot chocolate, a 'live band’, and Ariel's Dad dressed up as Santa! We all worked at the concession stand, which was easy and fun. Later on, Taylor and I become trailer attendants. That was the best job because all we had to do was ride in the bed of the truck, look at Christmas lights and made sure no one fell off of the trailer. Afterwards, we went on a hayride with the rest of the volunteers. We took multiple pictures while admiring the houses; however, Taylor wouldn’t stop making stupid facial expressions... so those pictures were a fail. After we finished volunteering, Taylor and I made a late night Taco Bell run and watched Toy Story 3. I chose to drive us to the hayrides, so I also had to drive him home after the movie ended. I dropped him off and slightly rolled through a stop sign as I reentered New Territory. The next thing I heard was cop sirens and I saw the constable's flashy lights in my rear view mirror. This was the first time in my entire life that I ever got pulled over for anything. I expected to be more emotional and start sobbing, but I was very calm, honest and polite. In return the constable was sweet and he issued me a "gentle reminder to drive safely in the future". I was very relieved and thankful for his undeserved kindness!