Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 342: Said is Dead


Today in Mrs. Sebesta's fourth grade class, we had a funeral for the word 'Said'. The day was called 'Said is Dead' and all of the students wore black to mourn the loss of this word that they use way too often. They even wrote a goodbye letter! We all stood around its ‘grave site’ holding hands and singing songs. "Ding dong the word is dead. Said is dead. Said is dead. Ding ding the wicked said is dead!"
 I thought it was quite hilarious and the best teaching lesson I have ever seen! So now that 'said' is officially dead, my little munchkins are one step closer to becoming better writers!
This afternoon, Taylor and I went for a jog in the freezing outdoors. I am not going to lie, for me running is tough and the cold air made it even tougher. After we finally finished our two mile non-stop journey, we played basketball in my driveway. It reminded me of my middle schools days on the basketball team... only I was much better back then! We played the classics- H.O.R.S.E and Around the World. After we did some grocery shopping for my mom, I went to babysit the Singleton's! These babies are by far the sweetest and I am so thankful I am their babysitter!