Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 335: Pro-Grad Prep!

Happy 1st of December!

Tonight we had our December Pro-Grad Meeting. Pro-Grad stands for Project Graduation and it is a huge event held the night of graduation. Seniors raise money through various fundraisers during the year... such as Holiday Poinsettia/Tamale Sales, Holiday Hayrides, Car Washes, a Dinner & Silent Auction, etc. You earn 'Bulldog Bucks' for each hour that you volunteer. Those bucks can be spent at the event in hopes of winning some neat prizes for college. This event takes so much parent coordination and involvement... and it is definitely a work in progress. My Mom is earning me some bulldog bucks by taking attendance at the meetings and my Dad is going to earn some bucks for me by driving his truck at the hayrides. He doesn't know that yet... so SURPRISE Dad! ;) My parents are the greatest... I love them and their involvement in my life! However, the meetings are probably the most boring thing to sit through and I never win the raffle. I just doodle on my paper and Taylor makes fun of me. Woo … Pro-Grad!