Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 189: Happy Camper!

This morning at 10:30 AM I got my wisdom teeth surgically removed! I couldn't eat or drink anything 8 hours prior to surgery; I was required to wear no makeup, no nail polish, a t-shirt and shorts, and no contacts. All I remember is sitting in the chair, the nurse putting a blanket on top of me, the doctor pricking a needle into my hand, the nurse inserting oxygen into my nose and telling me that within 2 minutes the drugs would make me a true Happy Camper! She continued to joke that "All of the kids want the doctors at all of their parties nowadays!" But the doctor replied, "Why because I have the drug hookup...BYOD!" I remember laughing and saying at least y'all have a good sense of humor! Then I was totally knocked out! When the surgery was over they put me in a wheelchair to assist me to my mom's car, since I was a little loopy from the medication. My lips, chin and mouth was entirely numb! Once I got home, my Mom and I came up with this nifty ice contraption to minimize the swelling! It may look goofy, but it worked pretty well. 15 minutes on, 15 minutes off. Nurse Jason & I sat and watched movies/TV all day long! We watched HSM 3, Click, Big Brother SEASON PREMIERE, The LeBron-A-Thon (where LeBron James announced he was going to play for the Miami Heat next season) and plenty other shows! The hardest part about Day 1 of recovery was my headache and stomach ache from lack of food! I was only allowed to 'eat' clear liquids... it wasn't very fun! Now that all 4 of my wisdom teeth are out, I am in total recovery mode! Hello Jello, Ice Cream and lots of Pain Medication!