Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 210: Charlie St. Cloud


This morning I babysat the Cook kiddos! We made a zillion crafts, jammed to some music and had a great morning acting silly. In the afternoon, I helped my mom set up her classroom. Shannon and Anna came to be helpers as well, but they ended up climbing on top of the cabinets and making pretend debit cards! Spending the afternoon in my mom's classroom caused me to realize how close the upcoming school year really is. Yikes! And tonight, Taylor & I had plans to go watch the Charlie St. Cloud midnight premiere and meet up with some more friends. He came over before the movie to hang out and watch the Jersey Shore season 2 premiere with me. That show entertained us, but I realized that the entire cast is way over paid for acting like complete idiots! We left for the movies around 10pm, thinking it would be crowded. Oh were we ever wrong! But since we got there so dang early, we watched Despicable Me (again) and played Family Feud on his iTouch. For those of you that don't know... an eclipse happens every four years. :) I have been looking forward to seeing Charlie St. Cloud for over a month now, and honestly... it kind of let me down. This was Zac Efron's newest flick and he looked great, like usual! Charlie and his 11 year old brother, Sam St. Cloud, got in an awful car accident. Sam passed away and Charlie was given
a second chance. The biggest obstacle that he had to face was finding the reason his life was sparred. It reminded me of my car accident and the feeling of 'God, where do I go from here?' Charlie was faced between holding onto his little brother's spirit or chasing the girl he loves. Overall, it was a simple romantic and dramatic movie... but not 'midnight premiere' worthy! The best part of the movie was when Charlie asked Sam what he should make Tess for dinner and Sam responded, "Pizza. Pizza's DELICIOUS!" :)