Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 196: Blue Bell Factory / Not Fans of Fannin

Today the Engle’s went to the Blue Bell Factory in Brenham! When we arrived there we ate a very healthy lunch at CiCi's Pizza and then headed over to the factory! We took a tour and got to see the entire process- from start to finish- of how the Blue Bell ice cream is made! It was really interesting, but the best part of the tour was the free scoop of ice cream at the end! Afterwards, we went to this white tent that was showing a video about the history of Blue Bell and had scoops of ice cream on sale for $1- that is almost as good as the $1.25 happy hour in Kemah! Haha :) Tonight I went with Brittany to Taylor Cobb's baseball game at Rice University. It was quite the adventure getting there- between traffic and not having directions! It seems like Brittany and I are always on adventures these days! :) We traveled up and down Fannin trying to find a place to eat dinner. Trust me; we are Not Fans of Fannin! We ended up eating at Which Wich! It was my first time there and I loved it! Once we found the fields, we walked up to the dead silent game and questioned whether or not we were allowed to cheer, because we could basically hear our echo. Kelsey and her friend showed up and sat with us for awhile- they are boy crazy and looked up the team's roster and practically added every guy on facebook. Oh my! Anyways, the game was entertaining and we got to talk to Taylor afterwards. Brittany and I had a heart to heart once we got back home... I may not be a Fan of Fannin- but I am the biggest fan of heart to hearts!!!