Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 194: BEST DAY EVER!

Let me start by saying... today really was the BEST DAY EVER! My family and I decided to take a spontaneous trip down to Kemah Boardwalk! We all loaded up in the car and somehow ended up in Galveston. Clearly we missed our exit, but we decided to just go with it. We ate lunch overlooking the ocean at The Spot and then rented a 4 seater bicycle to ride up and down the shoreline. Jason did most of the work and Shannon did absolutely nothing. Every time Jason turned the bike an inch- Shannon would cry and yell, "Jason STOP it!!". She is definitely the scaredy cat of the family! The bicycle was something my mom really wanted to do and it was pretty fun!! Afterwards, Shannon and I went and touched the ocean. She did a few kart wheels and we walked along the water for a bit... and then we were off to Kemah! We got a bright yellow band, meaning we could ALL of the rides! Jason and I were excited and Shannon was scared, of course! The very first ride we rode was called "Wipeout"- it spun you around and around VERY fast! I wasn't expecting a drastic wipeout from the start, but Jason and I laughed the entire time! We rode all of the rides throughout the day, but the Inverter was the deadliest. It would stop you upside down in the middle of the sky... all of the blood was rushing to my head (not so fun)! After the amusement park, we went on The Beast! This is a bright colored, high speed, music blaring, crazy fun boat ride at Kemah! They warned us that we MIGHT get wet... but we were all got drenched by the time it was over. It was hilarious and by far the BEST part of the day! After the crazy boat ride, we sat down and drank some COLD drinks! We wandered around a bit, watched Shannon ride some more rides and then hit up happy hour while we waited for our table at Joe's Crab Shack! Draft beers were $1.25 and Jason & Mom were just loving that! Jason and I were sitting on the floor and he decided to have a mini ring dunk- because some nights he's "just feelin' it"! We made a video and it was hilarious!! We all enjoyed our dinner sitting out by the bay, eating coconut shrimp, crabs and much more! Jason and I took cute pictures in our bibs and Mom even had her own ring dunk! What can I say... my family is crazy and I love it! All day long everyone would say, "Today really is the BEST day ever!" I drove everyone home and then I got to hang out with all of the PALs from last year! I sitting in the hot tub with them, just playing games and catching up on life! BEST DAY EVER.
The Inverter... Oh my!
Drenched after the BEAST!
Jason & Me in our bibs at Joe's!
BEST DAY EVER!