Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 209: I'm Julia Child. Bon Appetit!

Tonight was Pajama Night with the girls. I needed a calm evening at home. Between work, babysitting and my busy social schedule this summer, I just wanted to sit on the couch for the night. I was in my pajamas by 7 pm and I loved every single second of it. We turned the family room into a gigantic bed by gathering the air mattress, a tempurpedic cushion, an extra twin mattress and plenty of pillows and blankets! Shannon had her friend Anna spend the night; we all ate pizza for dinner and watched Julie & Julia. Everyone seemed to lose interest in the movie, except for me. This true story included Julia Child and Julie Powell- both strong women that were undeniably lost, until they discovered that with the right combination of passion, fearlessness and butter, anything is possible. Julia Powell was 30 years old and decided to cook her way through "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" (Julia Child's Book) in a year and blog about it. She had plenty of struggles and triumphs throughout her year, but she was determined to finish what she started. In the end it didn't matter what other people said or thought about her blog! The truth is- her blog was unique and it brought her happiness. This story goes back and forth between Julia Child discovering her passion and Julie Powell learning to cook, and in the end... both of them finding success. From one blogger to another- I felt her daily pain, I shared her undeniable joy and I celebrated her successes. Cooking and Blogging- two of my favorite things combined into one movie!