Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 244: Different

This school year I am completely different than last year. It has been a full 180 degree change. I have to say my school load is a lot lighter than it has been in years past, but my junior year I was very focused on grades and only concerned with myself. My afternoons consisted of homework, school functions and studying!! This school year my focus has shifted towards other people and investing in my family and friends. This complete change became clear to me this afternoon when I hung out with Taylor. We went on a walk through Pecan Park and chased all of the ducks around. I couldn't help but laugh while watching Taylor waddle towards the ducks and make all kinds ducks noises. I felt like I was 5 years old again. After our walk, we went to dinner at Pei Wei! Taylor's fortune said, "Always surround yourself with true friends". It was too perfect! There is no way I would have ever done anything like this with my friends on a weekday last year! I am so thankful that this year is different for me and school doesn't consume all the hours of my day!