Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 268: 365 Days Ago...

365 days ago I got in my car accident. I wrote the paragraph that is below one year ago... I hope it still encourages people today.

At 6:43 AM on September 25, 2009 my life was spared on the way to school. As I was going through the intersection of 99 and 90, an F-250 ran the red light. The enormous truck drove on top of my 2003 Ford Mustang. One second I was a junior in high school driving to Physics tutorials and the next second I was gasping for air and my body was shaking uncontrollably. It was the most traumatizing experience of my life. The song that was playing when I got in the car accident was called ‘This Could Be Our Day’ By: Addison Road. Here are a few lyrics from the song…

What we do here is just the beginning
New life is starting at every ending
We are a part of the story unfolding
This is the weight of the world we are holding
This could be our day
This could be our day

Clearly it's time to make a change
Or I could keep sitting and waste all day
I know that it's time for me to move
I've been given this minute to use
And given this moment to prove that

I was holding back
Now I've come undone
I want to touch the world
Heal the broken ones
Ending the cycle has just begun
We've been given this minute to use
And given this life to prove…

It is not by luck that I was able to walk away from that car accident. Jesus was in the car with me that morning, holding my hand and protecting me. God has a plan for my life and although I don’t know exactly what my future holds- I am certain that my purpose in life is to bring glory to His name and show Christ’s love to everyone. I hope you can be encouraged by the miracle that took place on September 25, 2009. If it impacts one person and can show one person Christ’s love and how he can make the impossible, possible… then it is worth every sore muscle and bruise on my body. This was the day that I will start living everyday like it is my last. Miracles really do happen.