Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 267: Miss Engle

I have wanted to be a teacher ever since I was two years old. This picture is from 1994, so the classroom and I go way back! As many of you know... when I was in 3rd grade, I transformed my bedroom into a classroom. It was complete with pretend desks, name tags, calendars, borders and even an overhead projector! I would come home every day from elementary school and 'teach' my imaginary students. Ms. Klen (my 3rd grade teacher & the teacher that I currently student teach with) is my inspiration to teach. Her enthusiasm has shown me that I can LOVE my future job. Although my bedroom is no longer a classroom, I  still have the heart of that 9 year old little girl that dreamt about one day being a teacher.
I sent in my application to the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill TODAY! On one of my essays I wrote about my passion for teaching and how I believe I can make an impact in the world of education. I attached this picture to my essay. I figured those admission essays are very boring to read and this picture might give those readers a good laugh! One application completed… two more to go! Whoop! :)