Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 252: Opportunity Cost

I worked two school nights in a row this week from 5-10pm. I am thankful for the hours, but it does call for some very long days! Tomorrow I have a test, quiz or paper due in each of my classes. One of those classes is Economics. I have a very interesting teacher; however he seems to be stuck in the 70's! His music is always blaring when we enter class and we hardly learn anything! Tonight I taught myself two chapters of the textbook while I was at 9ers... in between answering the phone, taking orders and packing up to-go orders! Talk about multi-tasking! Economics- the study of how people seek to satisfy their needs and wants by making choices. I was getting a kick out of trying to apply most of the economics vocabulary words to the various aspects of working at 9ers. The opportunity cost of having a part time job is losing valuable study time. However, if you have a job like mine.... you can do it all at the same time! :)