Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 270: Flashback!


Today marks the first official day of Spirit Week! Technically, there was no theme for today... so over Facebook and text message everyone decided it was Nerd Day! This morning I searched the house for nerdy clothes. Is it bad that my initial reaction was to go look inside my mom's closet...? We ended up finding some geeky clothes up in the attic. I wore my mom's high school bowling jersey (complete with her hard earned patches), her super high waisted jeans from college, and her official pair of bowling shoes. Even though my mom actually was a nerd in high school, she was a rockin' bowler! When I had the outfit on this morning, she kept on saying that she was having flashbacks! At school, there weren't too many people dressed up like nerds... but there were a few! I got a million odd stares and some classic backhanded compliments. Some people said, "You have such a mom butt" and others said, "You're the only one that could pull that off. It's like a normal outfit for you!" I mean... how are you supposed to take that? I kept smiling and continued to strut in my nerdy bowlin' outfit!