Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 259: Eighteen

Today was my eighteenth birthday. The day started with freshly made breakfast tacos from my mom on our infamous 'It's Your Birthday' plate! When I got to my first period class (Calculus), Katy Lowery came running in with a giant card and a birthday princess sash. I am not one to act like a princess or seek to be the center of attention by any means and of course she knew that. Attached to the sash was a note that said, "Put the sash on." I didn't. When I got to 2nd period (Aquatic Science), there was another present awaiting me from Katy and that continued in 3rd period, 4th period and 5th period. She left me a gift and a note in every single one of my classes... it was the most creative thing anyone has ever done for me. Katy is my best friend in the whole world and I couldn't ask for a more amazing person to play such a major role in my life! Thank you for making my birthday so special! Bailey & Ira each gave me a cake and the PALs gave me a piece of cookie cake along with a giant card signed by everyone! I got so much sugar at school; I was passing it out to everyone at lunch! After school, I came home to another cookie cake made by my amazing father! I went to student teach and ALL of the kids sang happy birthday to me! I got 22 personally made cards, one from each student and a gift card to Chili's from Mrs. Sebesta! Those kids are so sweet to me!! One of the cards said, "Roses are red. Violets are blue. You're the greatest teacher that I've ever knew!" They definitely made me smile! When I got home, I talked to Lauren, Jason and Auntie Di on the phone! Even though I couldn't see them, it was great sharing all of my birthday stories with them! Maggie & all of the Singleton kids came over and brought me an adorable scrapbook and a pretty chocolate cupcake... they are too sweet! Taylor came over shortly after and brought me a couple gifts. All of the gifts were so thoughtful, but my favorite was a hard copy of the paper he wrote about me. The topic was to write about a person that has impacted your life and it brought tears to my eyes. No one has ever written a paper about me and it was so special! Taylor & I went to Chili's together for dinner, before the first district football game against Hightower! Our dinner was SO good, especially since we had a gift card and scored a free brownie sundae! At the game, we lost miserably… but all of the fans sang happy birthday to me! One of the best parts about your birthday these days is all of the Facebook wall posts that you get. Facebook truly makes you feel SO special on your birthday!!!! This has been the best birthday of my entire life. I am so thankful for the family and friends that I have in my life. I am blessed beyond imagine. I know the best days of my life are ahead and a new chapter of my life has begun. Thank you for all the birthday wishes and special thanks to everyone that made this the best birthday of my life!