Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 254: 70's Girl


Today was quite a day! It started off with the Skate Central PALs hangout! We were supposed to dress up in 70's and 80's attire, so of course I did! You can check out my stellar lime green 70's dress above! When we got to Skate Central, we found out it was closed forever and they were transforming it into a church. The church workers let us in to take a few pictures. It was very depressing! We decided to head over to CiCi's and Lazerzone- keep in mind I am still rockin' my 70's outfit...! We played lazertag against some pretty cool 5 year old boys. I actually had a blast even though I am awful at it! I got 18th place... which is really embarrassing. Surprisingly, the hangout turned out to be pretty fun! When I got home my mom baked me a little surprise cupcake bucket. She was watching the food network channel and felt inspired. It was an early birthday treat... isn't my mom the sweetest?! After I devoured my cupcakes, I babysat for the Haluza family! We colored for the majority of the time (my artwork is displayed above)! Making signs and coloring for other people is probably one of my favorite things to do! However, once I put the kids to bed...
1. My phone died before 9 PM
2. The television didn't work because we couldn't find the remote
I literally sat there staring at the wall until 11:45 PM. I had plans with some friends, but I couldn’t get a hold of them since I was isolated from the outside world. It's crazy how dependent I am on technology!!! Once I finally arrived home, I got an urgent call to help a friend. So I slammed the door and went to help! I almost ran out of gas on the way- that would have just added to the day’s events. It was one of those days that went on and on and on.