Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 260: Full of Surprises


Tonight I went to a family birthday dinner at Chuy's! The food was fantastic, but the service was SO slow! Shannon told us that she broke up with her boyfriend on Wednesday and began to cry at the table. She said that the reason she dumped him was because my Dad said, "You gotta dump him before he gets a chance to dump you!" Shannon was an emotional wreck and of course my mom started to cry as well. Emotions were running high... but it was still a great birthday dinner! Afterwards, I really wanted to watch Letters to Juliet... so we stopped at the red box! I was planning on getting in my pajamas by 8:30 PM and having a cozy night in with the girls. Lame, but it was our plan. I walked into the house and all of my friends were here to surprise me for my birthday! I was caught completely off guard, but I was so excited to see everyone and amazed at how well they pulled it off! This birthday I have been completely humbled by all of the amazing people that are a part of my life. They have gone out of their way to do so many awesome and creative things for my birthday. My friends and family have made me feel so special the past few days and I couldn't have asked for a better 18th birthday! At the surprise hang out we swam and hung out! It reminded me of the good ol’ summer days! A BIG THANK YOU to Katy Lowery, Brittany Muller, my parents and Lauren for putting this whole thing together. They are just full of surprises! By the way, Shannon has been avoiding me for the past week at home. When I asked her questions, she would hardly respond. I didn't know if I did something to make her mad or what was going on. It turns out that she was 'avoiding' me in order to refrain from ruining the birthday surprise for tonight! My little love bug is too cute! :)