Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 277: Life's a Mess

Today has been such a good day! It all started with a YouTube video that Jason, my brother, posted on my Facebook. With the song's catchy beat and motivating lyrics, it set my day off to a great start... "We're gonna have a good day and ain't nobody gotta cry today." Tonight Taylor Woods & I spoke at FCA about our messy lives. I painted this canvas to demonstrate how all of our lives are messy, dysfunctional and cluttered. We spend most of our lives worried about what we don't do instead of what we have done, focused on our imperfections instead of God's fondness for the imperfect. But maybe that's just it... maybe we spend too much time worried about achieving perfection and not enough time admitting that we will never have it completely together. Real Christianity is messy and lopsided, and exceptionally liberating at the same time. God will be there for us throughout the mess of our lives- he is never going to let us down or leave us. I want to be loved, imperfections and all, by the God who meets me and transforms me in the midst of my unpredictable life.