Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 287: Little PALS!


Today was the first day we wore our brand new PALs shirts to school. It is the same logo as last year, but they fit much better! It was also the first day we went over to Oyster Creek Elementary School during class to meet our little PALs. Each PAL is matched up with either a girl or a boy little PAL. The little ones are chosen by the counselors and they may be struggling at home, lack attention from their parents, or in desperate need for a friend. That's what we're there for!! My little PAL's name is Lizzie and she is in 2nd grade. She is a blonde hair blue-eyed little girl and full of energy! She told me that I could call her Lizzie the Lizard, because that’s what most people call her. I can't wait to get to know this sweet girl better this year! Also, while I was at OC... I saw my best friend Collin Cobb!! Seeing his charming little kindergarten face in the hallway completely brightened my day! One of the main reasons I love being in PALs class is for the days we spend over at Oyster Creek- I just love those kids!