Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 286: Fields of Faith

Today has been the most amazing day. Seniors were supposed to take the ASVAB test during 1st through 4th period; instead, most of us skipped school. I slept in and got breakfast tacos with Katy, Anam, Taylor & Tyler. Afterwards, the boys headed back to school and the girls & I went down to the Museum District/Herman Park/Rice Village area. We spent most of our day outside and we went to the Museum of Natural Science. I am not really the museum type- I am more of a looker and a mover. I can go and find it interesting, but I don't spend too much time looking at each exhibit. We grabbed lunch at Which Wich- which is always a favorite lunch spot! :)
Tonight was the most amazing night of my senior year so far. I attended Fields of Faith at the FBBA stadium. It is an event put on by the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. All of the surrounding FCA's in the area came out and over 400 fields around of nation had this event tonight. Derrick Moore, a former professional football player, spoke to us tonight. He is one of the most inspirational speakers that I have ever heard. Mr. Moore claimed that we are all running out of time. It is the 4th quarter in our lives, the clock is ticking away and we must make a choice: a choice whether to live for Christ wholeheartedly or a choice to be a part of this world. He said there are two types of people in this world: The born and the born again. I am proud to say that I am born again in Him. I know that the Lord, the creator of heaven and earth, loved me enough to sacrifice himself and offer me everlasting life. I am 100% sure that when the final buzzer rings, I will be entering the gates of Heaven and running into the arms of Christ. Every day that I wake up, I have been living for Kaitlyn. I was the burnt out believer. The one that looked like she had it all figured out, but whose heart was stuck in a desert. Tonight, I felt Jesus. I realized how he has transformed my life and why I am called to love other people. I want to wake up in the morning, and ask, "How can You use me today to further your kingdom?" In life, there is Team Jesus vs. Team World- you can't be a part of both teams. You chose the team that you play for on a daily basis. Tonight so many students chose Team Jesus Christ. There were over hundreds of students there- some were passionate believers, some were burnt-out believers, and some were nonbelievers. At least half of the people there gave their life to Christ tonight, even some of my closest friends. They stood on the field and publically proclaimed their faith. As I stood on the sidelines of the football field, I had tears streaming down my face. It was unbelievable to see how many lives Christ touched tonight. He sparked a new fire in old believers and stirred up the hearts of many new believers. I know that Fields of Faith 2010 will be a night that I will never forget.