Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 301: Speak Now

You can say what you'd like about Taylor Swift, but I have never seen so Facebook statuses about the release of a new album. Speak Now is her third album and she wrote it entirely by herself. It came out on Monday, so of course right after school I headed over to Target to buy it! I remember freshmen year I went to the Kenny Chesney concert- only to see Taylor Swift as the opening act. While she was performing, no one (except for me and my friends) were singing along and cheering for Swift. It is amazing to see the sensation that she has become in only a few years! Every day this week I have been listening to my new T-Swift CD and quickly learning all of the words. Her songs always involve happy endings, sincere apologies, and thoughtful messages to young girls! From The Story of Us to Back To December... she never disappoints. Each song is an open letter and represents a time when Swift wishes she would've spoken up. She wrote a sweet letter to all of her fans in the beginning of the album stressing the importance of words, expressing how you feel and living without regrets.
Dear Taylor Swift,
Thank you for writing amazing songs.
Love, All of the Girls in the World